BRAVE YOGA COVID-Plan
A Message To Our Brave Community
Brave Yoga is committed to your health and safety during this COVID crisis.
Brave has always been a very clean studio with strict cleaning procedures, but we have now implemented additional processes to ensure we can all practice in-studio safely. We continue to assess the situation and ensure we are undertaking business with the highest precaution and in-line with government guidelines.
The below guidelines have been written for transparency and to give you an understanding of our expectations of you to practice physically at Brave.
Please contact us with any questions:
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube @ Brave_Yoga_Melbourne
Phone 0478 815 185
WHAT ARE WE DOING TO PROTECT YOU IN-STUDIO?
WHAT YOU MUST DO TO PROTECT YOURSELF
READ OUR GUIDELINES TO PRACTICE AT BRAVE
By practicing at Brave you agree to abide by these terms
- We have a UV air-filtration system that will filter the air or bacteria, virus and all other nasty living organisms in the air!
- Upon entry and exit to the studio you must sanitize your hands (spray available at the front door and throughout studio!
- Students and teachers are advised to wash hands before leaving home
- A hot yoga towel must be used to practice and must be washed regularly by its owner (even if you bring your own mat, we ask you to use a towel for hygiene purposes). Towels are for sale in-studio if you do not have one.
- No props will be supplied in studio (blocks, straps, bolsters, blankets) but members can bring their own props if they wish. All home props must be cleaned before bringing them into studio and must be taken home with them after practice
- Brave Yoga staff will continue to disinfect floors and mats after every class using hospital grade disinfectant
- Recommended to use the toilet at home before coming to the studio to reduce everyone’s risk – they are available if you need it!
- Refill your water-bottles at home (no use of water fountain to minimize risk)
- No physical contact in studio; hand shaking, hugs etc
- Social distancing will be maintained where you must aim to be 1.5m apart
- No physical adjustments will be done by teachers, or walking around the studio during class for everyone’s safety
- No heavy breath-work like lions breath, bhastrika, kapalabhati, or breath of fire will be practiced in studio
- Limited spaces in-studio requires pre-registration. we follow current government regulation around spacing and students in class
- You must book online before coming to the Brave space. This also helps us track who is in the space
- You must cancel 24 hours before class. Due to the current climate we have implemented a cancellation policy. If you do not cancel your class 24 hours before, you will be charged the price of a full class from your account. Even members will be charged if you do not cancel in time – as you are taking the place of another customer.
- Do not come to the studio if you feel unwell or had any COVID-19 symptoms in the last two weeks (example; headache, sore throat, fatigue, coughing, loss of smell, sneezing)
- Tissues, wipes, and hand-sanitizer will be available in multiple locations in the studio. Please flush these down the toilet after use or put them in the bin immediately for everyone’s safety
- We encourage a touchless experience at Brave (door to enter will be slightly ajar – push the door open with your elbow or foot to enter the studio. Teacher will open the doors to the studio space before and after class for you)
- During class you are encouraged to stay on your mat
- Please minimise what you bring with you to studio. Be mindful not to put your things close to others in the studio space (use a different cubby)
- Temperature: We will be practice at a lower heat for this period, around 25 degrees or ‘room temperature’ – less sweat = less risk! But we will still work you hard 🙂
- Staggered entry and exit: Please follow the teachers guidance on entry and exit. On exit please allow the people at the front of the class to leave first and put on their shoes, and follow when there is space in reception for you to keep your distance.
- After class please try to stay 1.5m apart, and try not to all huddle in the reception area after class- please try to leave the space promptly and continue chats outside the studio whilst physical distancing
- If you wish to chat, please continue the chat outside so the reception is free for those putting on their shoes and preparing to leave.